The Chinese pharmacopoeia lists over 6,000 different medicinal substances in terms of their properties and the dis-harmonies that they are helpful with. There are roughly 600 different Chinese Herbs in common use today. Customized Chinese Herbal Formulas are prescribed by Licensed Acupuncture Physicians whom have had a minimum of four plus years of extensive training during medical school. They are prescribed to each patient’s individual needs, which are determined during treatment.
Herbal Formulas come in many forms:
- Raw Herbs: Need to be soaked and cooked and then taken as a tea.
- Powdered Herbs: Herbs that have been ground down into a powder, which is then mixed with water and taken as a tea.
- Pill Form- Herbs are taken by mouth.
- Topical Herbs- Mixed, normally with water, to make a poultice and applied to the skin.
- Tinctures- Liquid herbs that are highly concentrated.
These are also great for traumatic brain and spinal cord injuries.
For those who do not wish to receive Acupuncture Treatments, Herbal Prescriptions can solely be used with great results!